Monday, November 9, 2009

Either...

I'm a narcoleptic or I've truly become "like father like daughter."

Let me explain. Ever since I started my new job (woo hoo new job) I feel like a racehorse going around the track for eight hours everyday. I. Don't. Stop. I can't stop. I'm not allowed to stop. I have to have eyes in the back of my head and Go-go Gadget arms. The thing is, so far I never feel tired at work, ever.

However, once I get myself home and I'm sitting in front of the TV or reading I book I have noticed a strange phenomenon. I fall asleep. I can fall asleep and be absolutely out in five minutes. I'm not talking about dozing on the couch either. I'm talking dead asleep.

I only know one other person like this. My father. I used to make so much fun of him growing up because without fail, once he came home from work he would fall asleep as soon as you put the TV on. It was impossible for him to stay awake if he was going to watch a show. Now, I'm doing the same thing. My roommate thinks this is pretty funny as it happens very often around her.

I'm not sure I'm amused....

3 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

strangely, after 9pm I'm in a coma if I sit down...

~**Dawn**~ said...

When I did daycare, I would go strong from 7am-6pm. There was no stopping, no letting my guadr down, no zoning out. I had 8 1-year-olds (and one useless assistant) and I was barely allowed to blink. I would get home & it would hit me just how exhausted & over-stimulated I was. I didn't want anyone to touch me & I would just collapse in a heap on the couch.

Andrea's Adventures said...

sounds like you're enjoying your job, though!!! TV watching is overrated, anyway.