Sunday, August 30, 2009

Dreams

I had another vivid dream again last night. I dreamt I was back at Whistler Mt. again, skiing. I my dream I found my hands full of about half a dozen balloons in each hand as I took off down the mountain. I thought it was odd that I didn't have poles but went with it.

Next thing I know I am zooming down the mountain so amazingly fast and the balloons are giving me so much air as I go over the moguls because they are keeping me so light. I was having the best time and screaming at the top of my lungs over every jump. It was so exciting and beyond fun. I was passing by everyone else and didn't slow down for anything.

In the dream I skied all the way down the mountain until I got to where the apre ski lodge was. At the end I just remembered thinking that it was the most satisfyingly thing I had ever done in my life. The joy I felt and the endorphin rush I experienced in the dream was beyond anything else I'd ever experienced.

Then I woke up. As I laid there in bed I had this funny thought that that experience is what walking in the joy of the Lord and freedom in Christ is like.

I want that everyday.

No comments: