That's the number of days that I've been unemployed...again. What did I do with my time?
1. Read this morning and spent time with the Lord.
2. Watched Mystic Pizza.
3. Showered. (This is important, as getting depressed is easy when you have nothing to do with your time and it's too easy to sit around in your pj's all day feeling sorry for yourself.) Showering is a good thing and another good place for prayer.
4. Cleaned house. I love having a roommate. It's automatic accountability in the area of cleanliness. I would be a sad sack without her as this place would become a dump consisting of scattered coffee grinds, peanut butter and toast crumbs. Not to mention a volcanic explosion of paper and unemployment documents all over the place.
5. Looked for a job. This is a painful task as I loath the drudgery of it and I'm easily distracted from doing so.
6. Went to a movie with my roommate. Saw a movie that I actually enjoyed for once in my life since I am the toughest movie critic around.
What I'm thankful for:
A place to lay my head.
A tuna fish sandwich for lunch.
Knowing that in all this, God is not surprised and wants me to simply Abide in Him in the midst of abasing. Realization? He is my Portion, my Provider, and my Peace.
It is well with my soul. Good night.