Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Psalm 62:1-8

1FOR GOD alone my soul waits in silence; from Him comes my salvation.
2He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be greatly moved.
3How long will you set upon a man that you may slay him, all of you, like a leaning wall, like a tottering fence?
4They only consult to cast him down from his height [to dishonor him]; they delight in lies. They bless with their mouths, but they curse inwardly. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
5My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him.
6He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.
7With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God!
8Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts before Him. God is a refuge for us (a fortress and a high tower). Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
(Amplified)

That about covers it for now...

2 comments:

Susan Skitt said...

I think that about says it all :) "Trust in, lean on, rely on and have confidence in Him at all times." It's more than just at Chrsitmas, isn't it dear friend?

Hugs to you!

~**Dawn**~ said...

I love these two verses:

6He only is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Defense and my Fortress, I shall not be moved.
7With God rests my salvation and my glory; He is my Rock of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness, and my refuge is in God!